Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Uninspired but had to do something

In the previous post I lamented my lack of inspiration from a recent trip out of town.  I decided I needed to do something to break the funk.  In the Wet Canvas Reference Image Library there was a series of egg carton photos.  I did it very quick with the intent on really just using this as an exercise.  Overall pretty happy with it.  I had wanted to use charcoal again and this was the perfect opportunity.  Man it feels good just to let it loose and go crazy. 


Eggs
16x20 Strathmore Drawing Paper
Charcoal-Medium

Credited to She-She, WetCanvas.com
Reference Image Library










2 comments:

  1. What a fun subject! And medium! (Although I would make a mess, because that's what I do). Turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eggs are great objects to practice values and gradation.

    ReplyDelete