Thursday, April 7, 2011

A drawing

Ugh, I just can't seem to stay on task.  It's probably because I haven't found my voice or even what I'm best at yet.  However, that may have changed...maybe...

I follow this blog Paint and Draw Together.  The site posts a picture for everyone to do just that, paint or draw their interpretation of it. That's what I decided to do tonight.  I completed this in Prismacolor Colored Pencils.  I also attempted a new technique that I just recently learned about, burnishing.  It's a technique used to ensure that colored pencil drawings don't appear overly waxy (a constant problem of mine) and also to create a shiny smooth surface.  I applied layer upon layer, blended with a colorless blender, layered some more then blended with a blending marker. I cropped the original photo to achieve, what I think, is a better composition. 

"Cherries"
8x10, Prismacolor Colored Pencils on Cason Pastel Paper


1 comment:

  1. Yeah I really like the composition like that. GREAT JOB on this one! Greg likes it too (he is perpetually my backup). Thanks for all the "likes" on my pics, I was just teasing you! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete