Monday, November 15, 2010

Progress

So apparently I'm on a hot streak...as far as motivation is concerned. I ventured out to the local art supply store, Creative Art & Frame, in search of a giant drawing pad. I have this urge to work bigger! The one they had in stock had too much of a tooth (texture) for what I wanted. They do sell vellum sheets individually, so I purchased one 22'' x 30'' Srathmore 400 Series Bristol Vellum. The sales person mentioned that I could special request a bound version since they are working on inventory at the moment. May have to take him up on it if the piece is successful. I did however, visit a chain store (Michael's) and picked up a Strathmore Drawing 400 Green Series 14 x 17 pad and materials for my next project.

I'm going to work more with the ink and graphite camouflage drawings by taking my inspiration from more hair care magazine advertisements. In the meantime, I've decided to switch focus to a holiday craft project I wanted to try out. I'm about 25% completed, so I hope to finish it up by the weekend. I also plan to have the lobsters and a second ink and graphite completed by the weekend as well.

There is so much I want to do, however since I can only work at night it puts a cramp into the uninterrupted time I can commit to my work. I hope I'm not jumping into too many things too fast. I threw in the holiday project since the holidays are literally weeks away! Just have to see what happens. I'll keep updating this with my progress as I go along.

Thanks for reading :)

1 comment: